Changing the Location of the data_storage Directory
The data_storage directory used by Approval Manager contains all versions of proof files uploaded to the system. Because it can contain a large amount of files that take up a large amount of hard drive space, we recommend that you change the location of the data_storage directory. The following Knowledge Base article contains details for switching the location of this directory.
To move the location of the data_storage directory perform the following steps:
- In a location with adequate space, create a directory named data_storage.
- Copy any existing contents of the original data_storage directory into the new location. The data_storage default location is c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\workgroups_portal\.
- Create a new virtual directory in IIS (inside the Workgroups_Portal folder) and point the directory to the data_storage directory you created in step 1.
- Be sure that the folder in the new location has all of the permissions that it had when it resided in the workgroups_portal.
- Delete the original data_storage folder from c:\inetpub\wwwroot\workgroups_portal.