Registering .NET Framework in IIS
In systems where both .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 are installed, it may be necessary to register the framework to successfully install the MetaCommunications Workgroups Portal. To do this perform the following steps:
NOTE: These steps should be performed by an experienced system administrator.
- Open the Command Prompt window. Switch directories to the following location: %WINNT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\
- NOTE: For systems running MetaCommunications Package 158 and higher, the location is:
- From the Command Prompt, run aspnet_regiis.exe -i
- Open the Internet Services Manager in Windows (Start>Programs>Administrative Tools>Internet Services Manager)
- Locate the Workgroups Portal virtual folder, right click and choose Properties.
- Click the ASP.NET tab
- Select ASP.NET 1.1 for systems running prior to package 158. Select ASP.NET 2.0 for systems running after package 158.